How it works
Veg.gg is a smart vegetable planner for organic square foot gardeners. It uses a database of plants plus our unique suggestion system to provide guidance on what to plant. It also has an easy to use visual planner and reminders for planting and harvesting.
1. Create your beds.
After telling us where your garden is, we will create an empty bed for you. You can customise the name and size of your beds, and add more beds.
To pick a vegetable, just click or touch a square to get suggestions of what to plant.
Or get us to automatically plan your bed with the top suggestions.
2. Choose your vegetables.
The vegetables are ordered with the best suggestions first. We show why each plant is a good or a bad option based on our multiple tests.
When you are happy, add it to the plan.
3. Follow your plan.
No more forgetting what is in each square, or when you planted your carrots.
The plan updates to show you the progress of your vegetables as they grow.
Veg.gg is available on smart-phones and tablets too, so you can take it into the garden with you.
4. Get reminders of what you need to do.
No more losing slips of paper with the date you sowed the spinach or beetroots, leave it to veg.gg.
Our task list is always up-to date with what you need to do and when. From what seeds to buy, to when to harvest. Our task list keeps you on track.
5. Time to harvest.
Check the times for when you can harvest your vegetables, and how long there is to go.
When it is ready, record the time and get new suggestions for what you can plant next!
Then start again! That is all there is to it.
Enjoy growing your vegetables with veg.gg!
What makes veg.gg special?
Here at veg.gg, we understand that growing vegetables in a small space can be challenging. Growing and planning in an urban garden is very different from a large rural allotment.
When you want to follow organic growing principles and get the most out of your space without pesticides and fertilizers, it can be difficult to plan your rotations and companions to get the most from your plot.
Our system checks lots of things to make sure you get the most from your harvest, such as:
- Some vegetables are hardy and can survive a bit of frost, others are more fragile.
- Is there enough time left in the season to plant particular vegetables?
- Planting the same plant in the same place year after year can cause a build up of disease in the soil.
- Crop Rotation, takes advantage of natural organic processes to prevent disease and provide natural fertilizer.
- Companion Planting, works with nature to get the most of of your crops.
- Some plants don't grow well together they can become stunted and it may promote disease or pests.
- Tall plants can cast shade on smaller plants, so the height and speed of growth is important to maximise your harvest.
That is just a quick idea of the power of veg.gg. Why not get started now and see for yourself how easy it is to grow your own organic vegetables at home.